Cooking with Essential Oils
Ingredients ror rice :
1 cup rice, prepared according to package directions (We like basmati, but any rice will work.)
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
1 small onion, finely diced
2 cloves garlic
1 bunch cilantro, chopped or minced according to your preference (reserve a small handful for garnishing)
6-8 drops lemon oil or the juice of 1 lemon
Ingredients for beans:
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1-2 cups corn (I used a 2-cup bag that we froze last summer.)
1 can diced green chiles
1 can diced tomatoes with green chiles
1tsp cumin and 1tsp paprika
½ tsp Tumeric powder
Cooking Instructions for rice :
1. Heat 1 tablespoon coconut oil in a small skillet. Sauté onion until tender. Add garlic and cook additional minute or two.
2. Add 6-8 drops of Lemon oil
3. In a large bowl, combine onion mixture, an additional tablespoon coconut oil, cilantro, and lemon essential oil. Add the rice and toss to coat. If you want to use the rice as a side dish, stop here
4. To make the rice into a meal, continue as below.
Cooking Instructions for black beans :
5. In a second large pot, sautee onions in coconut oil, mix black beans, corn, green chili and diced tomatoes.
6. Add 1 tsp cumin powder, ½ tsp turmeric, 1tsp paprika
7. Simmer for 3-5 mins
8. To serve, place a spoonful of rice on the plate next to with a spoonful of the bean mixture. Garnish with chopped cilantro.