Quantities and vegetable selection may vary from what is suggested. Below is the suggestion for one wrap.
2 sheets Rice Paper
1/4 avocado, sliced lengthwise
1 carrot, grated
¼ red bell pepper, sliced lengthwise
2 inches cucumber, sliced into long strips
1/4 cup baby spinach
2-3 sprigs fresh cilantro
1/4 cup glass noodles or kelp noodles
salt/pepper to taste
- Soak one piece of rice paper in warm water until soft. Remove from water carefully, allow excess water to drain, and lay out on flat surface.
- Arrange veggies in a row along centre of rice paper. Add noodles first if using and greens last.
- Leave about 1 1/2 inches at both ends.
- Fold in opposite edges and than wrap up sides.
- Place second piece of rice paper in water to soften.
- Pull out of water carefully, allow excess water to drain, and lay out on flat surface.
- Place roll along centre of second piece of rice paper and wrap, folding side edges in first and then rolling.
You can use any assortment of veggies- raw, steamed, baked, or roasted.
This is a great thing to make at the end of the week when you have small amounts of leftovers remaining.
Rice paper is a great alternative to heavier wraps